- Why New Beginnings Make Us So Scared
- Why We Shouldn’t Fear New Beginnings
- Getting Comfortable with Change
- Examples Of New Beginnings That Could Change Your Life
- How Do I Know When It’s Time to Change
- How To Get Into a Mindset Ready For Change
- Let Go Of The Past And Look Forward To The Future
- The Power Of New Beginnings
- Tips for How to Embrace New Beginnings
If you’ve recently experienced something disheartening or traumatic in your life, just the thought of starting over can seem like too much. And maybe you’ve heard someone say, “you can’t run from your problems.” But according to Psychology Today, this can’t be further from the truth as there is immense power to be found when you start over and allow yourself a new beginning.
Your Outlook Is Everything
You’ve probably been told that your outlook on life is all that matters in success, and this is true. If you think everything is dark and dismal and headed for disaster, it likely will. When you commit yourself to start over or to begin again, you will do so by generating a positive outlook, or sense of optimism, at the thought. This optimism will help propel you forward and likely make your future much brighter no matter what your journey may be.
Change Creates Power
Humans often naturally try to avoid change. But although you may think a change that has occurred isn’t a good thing, the human race thrives on the aspect of change. A new beginning is a special type of change. It is a change where you are committed to making something different about the future.
Of course, only you know what that truly is, which makes this change a good thing; it gives you back the feeling of power over your life. The power which you may have felt like you recently lost due to your trauma. Not only that, but making the covenant with yourself to move towards a new start is a power move that will lead you to feel confident and ready to conquer your new world.
It Reminds You That Sky Is The Limit
When you experience trauma, you are often knocked off the path from your last journey. And you may be feeling a bit lost. Besides a lack of optimism, you may feel like your dreams are now far from attainable. Help quell these feelings by thinking about what a new beginning would look like for you.
Visualize yourself happy and achieving your dreams somewhere else. It feels a little bit more real now, right? A new beginning is powerful in that it removes any limits you let trauma impose upon your life.
Whatever may have happened in your life, a new beginning is just what you need. Not only will starting over restore your optimism and power over your life, but it will also remind you where you are going and bring you back to the track of success.
- When preparing for a new change, it’s important to put yourself into a more positive and optimistic mindset. Your new beginning will reflect how you feel and show you a bright future in return.
- Making a decision to approach change gives you power, which you may not have in other areas of life. It will make you feel more confident and ready to conquer the world.
- A new beginning will remind you that the sky is the limit. Your dreams are out there waiting for you. You just have to reach for them.
All the best,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Be sure to grab your Kickstart Journaling Guide below. It's delivered right to your inbox
I’m an Imperfect Christian, Musician’s Wife, Mom, Nana, Friend and Encourager. I work on this site for my own growth and benefit, probably more so than I do for others, but I pray that what I’m learning and sharing will help others in their personal development and journaling adventures.