Let’s start strong and talk about the areas of life you need to design to ensure your success. Often people never think about how each decision affects how their life will actually look and work in practice. If you want a particular lifestyle, you must think about how each choice impacts your desires.
There are eight areas of life that you need to design purposefully for success. Skip the topics you have no interest in. There is no point in stressing yourself out with something like community involvement if that’s not something you have a true interest in.
* Career and Business – What you do for money will have a massive impact on your life. It will inform every single choice you make. It will make the difference on whether you can afford the lifestyle you desire or not, and even whether you can realistically maintain your health or not.
* Health and Fitness – Your health and fitness levels are important because if you’re unhealthy and not fit in the right way for the life you want to experience, it’ll be hard to accomplish. For example, if you want to spend the weekends camping and boating, you’ll want to maintain a healthy weight so you can keep doing it.
* Relationships and Social Life – What kind of social life do you envision, and can you afford to have that life? What about your significant relationships, such as your life partner, spouse, or your relationship with your children? These are all impacted by the rest of your life choices due to how it affects your health, finances, and so forth.
* Finances – Did you choose the right career or business to fund the type of lifestyle you desire? What about time? Do you have enough time left, after earning money, to do the things that are important to you?
* Personal and Spiritual Development – Do you have time to work on your personal life and spiritual and emotional development? Everyone needs time for self-care, including learning about themselves and taking care of themselves through eating right, exercise, going to the doctor regularly, and even doing things that are considered optional, like getting facials or massages.
* Hobbies and Fun – What types of things do you want to do for fun, and what hobbies, if any, would you like to participate in? Does your business or career allow you to accomplish having fun and doing your hobbies, too?
* Home and Environment – What type of home do you want to live in? Do you want to live in the city in a condo or house, or do you want to live in the country? Do you prefer to rent, or do you want to buy? What type of environment do you want?
* Community Involvement – Where do you see yourself in terms of your community? Do you want to be involved in your church? Do you want to feed the poor or take care of stray animals in your area? What do you want to have the time and funds to do in your community?
Go through each of these areas and write a summary about how you envision your life in each of these areas. Then be very specific about what it will cost you in terms of time and resources to achieve the ideal life you’re designing for yourself. Do not make assumptions. Look up how much something costs, ask people who have done it how long it takes, and get real information so that you’re not just guessing. The idea is to design a life that you really want to live, but that is realistic for you to achieve.
All the best,
Need more help?
Use coupon code: save10 to join my journaling workshops and get $10 off. Just go to https://workshops.pattistafford.com/courses/, add any of the Journaling Workshops to your cart and be sure to put in the coupon code at checkout.
Want to add more than one workshop? Add more than two to your cart and use couponcode: save50 to get half off your total price.
Get them now for the lowest possible price.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I’m a Christian, Musician’s Wife, Mom, Nana, Friend and Encourager. I work on this site for my own growth and benefit, probably more so than I do for others, but I pray that what I’m learning and sharing will help others in their personal development and journaling adventures.